Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Walking the Neighborhood

I took a walk this evening to read the CSUN/GPSA tombstones, and to look for alternative bike polo venues.  Unfortunately, no alternatives turned up.  Still, I think the best option is playing on the sidewalk east of MPE, if it does not work out with grounds.  Regardless, the walk was fruitful for other reasons.

I talked to some engineering students who ride bicycles and will spread the good word regarding bike polo, and may come play.  From them, I learned about Las Vegas Fixed Gear (lvfixed.com), who apparently also play bike polo.  

From chatting with the police I learned that bicycle thefts on campus are on the rise.  The good news is that the police are making a point of checking bike racks for suspicious activity, but an ounce of prevention...

World Peace

No comments: