Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bike to UNLV Day is Next Wednesday


Such a simple idea. Elegant even. We are going to lead a ride from semi-bike-friendly Green Valley to UNLV. There is a route that is safe, convenient, maybe even enjoyable, but few people know about it. Thus, in an effort to encourage bike ridership AND preserve life, we will show it to whomever would like to join us. Meet at the corner of Windmill and Pecos at 8 am. The 40-minute ride will depart shortly thereafter, and we'll get to campus before 9 am. At that point, people can grab a coffee, shower, or prep themselves for a 10 am class.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to ride in with a group, my problem is I have to be at work at 8:00. I do commute to work on my bike each day and have for a year and a half now. Good Luck and Ride Safe.

Domino said...

I also have to be at work at 8, but sometimes ride my bike to work on Harmon and would love to have company!

Scott said...

This is only the first attempt. Thanks for the feedback. It sounds like there would be interest in doing an earlier version. My question is: when would you need to arrive on campus in order to start work at 8?

Domino said...

7:55 or earlier for me--I could be flexible.

Unknown said...

For the Wednesday Bike to UNLV Ride, the SRWC has offered free showers to all participants, regardless of membership!

We are working on figuring out access to shower facilities for everyday commuters, look for updates posted on this blog.